I would like to thank everyone who entered our first Cinematic Effects. We had a lot of very cool pieces entered. We had a large response from the BattleTech crowd and I made a special category for this genre. So, here are the results:
1st Place – Todd ‘Mastergunz’ Farnholtz – ‘FireAnt FLEA’
2nd Place – Joel Hardwick – Thunder Stallion
3rd Place – Mike Raper – Battletech Genyosha Mad Cat 2
1st Place – Mike Goldsby – Merchant Marine
2nd Place – Andre Joost – Chaos Space Marine
3rd Place – Micheal Dunkle – Ork Nob
Squad or Unit
1st Place – Warpaint Studio – Space Marine Squad
2nd Place – Brown – Empire Cannon & Crew
3rd Place – Andre Joost – Chaos Space Marine
Vehicle or Monster
1st Place – Paul Roethele – Karchev the Terrible
Here is is link on how he built the model:
2nd Place – Warpait Studio – Razorback
3rd Place - Michael Hughes – Looted Vehicle
Best of Show
Todd ‘Mastergunz’ Farnholtz – ‘FireAnt FLEA’
View the entrants here:
Armorcast LLC announces the First Annual Cinematic Effects Modeling Contest. We at Armorcast LLC want to see who has made the coolest miniature or model using Armorcast’s Cinematic Effects accessory products. This is an online contest, so get your digital cameras out send us your best photos! Armorcast LLC will be accepting entrants from 4-1-2011 until 8-31-11 at midnight Eastern local time.
1. Any brand of miniature or scratch built model can be used provided that an Armorcast Cinematic Effect has been used on final piece.
2. Two Photos per entry max and 1 Megabyte per photo max.
3. Judging is based on quality of the photo, quality of the paint job, your modeling skills as well as the creative use of Armrocast Cinematic Effects.
4. Categories: Single Miniature, Unit, Monster/Vehicle, Armorcast Family of miniatures or models
5. Provide: Name, Mailing Address, description of model and Cinematic Effect used.
6. Send entrants to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. We will not bar any miniature or model that has been posted on the web or have had been previously entered into other contests. Your work must be your own and entrants cannot be an employee of Armorcast LLC or an affiliate.
8. Prizes per category: First Place $50.00 Armorcast Gift Certificate, Second Place $25.00 Armorcast Gift Certificate, Third Place, $15.00 Armrocast Gift Certificate
Best of Show: $100.00 Armorcast Gift Certificate
Also BattleFoam will be sponsoring The best Unit and Best Monster / Vehicle category and they are donating a $50.00 gift certificate for Best Unit and $25.00 for Best Monster / Vehicle.
Armorcast retains the right to add or amend the categories as they see fit. With each photo entry, the participant grants Armorcast LLC fully rights to publish photos in print or digital media for advertising purposes.